Elevation fly rods are groundbreaking as they contain the latest in material and production technology, and are also built with environmentally friendly components. This range of rods is another step towards our goal of more sustainable products and will guide future rod production here at Guideline. We have worked hard on the details of this range to develop a serious environmentally conscious option for all fly anglers. In addition, we have introduced completely new technology and materials that make Elevation a modern modern series that is at the forefront in all areas. New methods of developing blades allow us to monitor durability and action curves in a very precise way. This allows us to eliminate unwanted material in each rod section to make Elevation rods as light as possible without compromising the strength of the blades. The entire series is extremely light, responsive and the most solid rods in this class that we have ever made.
Thanks to the success of our Elevation rod series, we are now pleased to introduce three brand new nymph rods to the family. These three rods, like the others, are extremely well balanced and have a crisp action. All models are 4-piece and have down-locking reel mounts to create the best balance on these longer rods. Furthermore, the rods have specially designed cork handles with high quality and a fighting butt. The rod has a medium-fast action with a light and crisp tip, which is both capable of drilling fish when using thin
The line guide is placed closer to the handle to give you the best line control when nymphing and which also removes unnecessary risks of tangling. We have devoted a lot of time to getting the perfect action, where the rod tip has, among other things, a perfect flex to cope with fast, aggressive and unpredictable movements from large fish without risking
// 10´2” #2 // The lightest model in the series is suitable for the dedicated nymph angler who requires a rod that can really handle the thinnest
// 10´6” #3 // Here we probably have the rod that most people see as the most all-rounder in the series. It is clear that it is still a light rod for smaller waters where you use super thin
// 10´2“ #4 // If your main fishing is with bigger and heavier
- The blades are matte and lightly ground and have a natural gray graphite color with a faint spiral pattern and thin matte varnish, but no added color at any point.Excess graphite dust and particles are collected in their own container before being sent on to treatment plants.
- Slim half wells handles made of 3A cork without rubber cork inserts. This reduces the amount of epoxy in the handles.
- The metal components of the roller mount are "clear anodized" which means they have a surface treatment with no added paint, lead or chrome and is the least toxic way to do it.
- On all windings we have applied a bio-based epoxy glue with a very low concentration of harmful chemicals. Tested and approved as a product with a low environmental footprint. This provides better working conditions for those who assemble the rods and reduces the risk of health risks to a minimum.
- All rods have single-legged snake rings with KW line guides that prevent the line from tangling.The rings are stainless steel with a powder coated dark gray finish. Environmental brass the most durable option with good wear resistance without toxic chrome containing lead.
- The rod case and the outer fabric of the tube are made from recycled polyester supplied by REPREVE™. They are the leading and most trusted producer of textiles made from recycled materials (including plastic bottles). Products made with REPREVE™ make a difference.
- The rod tube is made of recyclable polypropylene (PP) which is lighter and has a 20% smaller diameter than standard PVC tubes. This results in weight and volume savings in shipping at all stages. Polypropylene has very good durability and can be remelted into pellets so that it can be used for new products.